Designed in 1993, was born out of the increasing use of harps in traditional Celtic music. This lighter-strung lever harp is ideal for playing fast, delicate ornamentation in Irish music, or as an accompanying instrument to the voice - for which its bright, silky resonance is perfectly suited.
The most popular wood for harp making is maple, but the Ashdown’s slightly softer string tension enables us to use different solid woods, in particular ash and mahogany.
Because this harp requires a little less effort to play, it is also particularly suited to adult players coming to the harp later in life.
- Height without Legs: 119cm
- Height without Legs: 145cm
- Weight: 8.2KG
- Range: 34 Strings - 1st Oct A - 6th Oct C
- Lever Gauge Strung
- Soundboard: Europeam Sitka Spruce
- Supplied with: Detachable Legs, Tuning Key and Tuning Key Holder
- Manufacturers Warranty: 2 Years
- Made from Ash or Mahogany wood.
- All brass, cam-action semitone levers - Camac levers availabe at additional cost
- Hand-painted & carved decorations available at additional cost